Thursday, April 15, 2010

A Good Side Dish

I found this recipe in a cookbook called "Easy Potluck Recipes" from Cookbook Resources. I picked up it up quite inexpensively at a book fair in April at my local Medical Center.

It reminded me of an oriental salad I've made before that we just love. This went perfectly with the turkey brats I made for dinner.

Broccoli-Noodle Crunch Salad


Broccoli-Noodle Crunch Salad

1 cup slivered almonds, toasted
1 cup sunflower seeds, toasted
2 (3-ounce) packages chicken-flavored ramen noodles
1 (12 ounce) package broccoli slaw

Dressing:

3/4 cup oil
1/2 cup white vinegar
1/2 cup sugar
Ramen noodles seasoning packet

Preheat oven to 275. Toast almonds and sunflower seeds in oven for 15 minutes. Break up ramen noodles (but do not cook) and mix with slaw, almonds and sunflower seeds.

In separate bowl, combine dressing ingredients and noodle seasoning packet. Pour over slaw mixture and mix well. Prepare at least 1 hour before serving.

We liked it so much we're going to make this on a regular basis.

2 comments:

Vicky said...

This sounds & looks so good! and easy to make, I like that :)

Lydia said...

Yummm, I am gonna have to give this a try!

09 10