Sunday, November 9, 2014

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Bowl



For dinner I made a recipe I found on Pinterest. With all the recipes I have pinned I could could make something new every night and never run out of ideas.

Since I'm now working full-time I need all the ideas I can find so that I don't get bored and eat the same thing over and over.

My blog has suffered quite a bit in the last year or more. I've had so many changes in the last year and a half. I'm happy to report that I'm now venturing back into my craft room on a more regular basis and starting to dabble with ink, paper and stamps again so I hope to start sharing my projects once again. I also hope to start participating in some sketch challenges. Oh how I have missed them!

Tonight all I have is a recipe I found on Pinterest. It was good and I wasn't disappointed. It will make for great leftovers for lunch for a few days this coming week.

Crock Pot Chicken Taco Bowls
Recipe from Pic Hut

1-1/2 lbs. chicken breasts
1 jars salsa
1 can black beans, drained
1/ lb. frozen corn - I omitted
1 Tbsp chili powder
1/2 Tbsp cumin
1/2 Tbsp minced garlic
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/4 tsp cayenne powder - I omitted
1/4 tsp salt - I omitted
cracked pepper to taste
2 cups dry rice - I used brown
8 oz shredded cheddar - I will definitely not use this much cheese - I bought a Mexican blend of cheese
1/2 bunch cilantro (optional) - I love cilantro so I will use a lot of this!

Add everything except the rice, cheese and cilantro to the slow cooker along with 1/4 cup of water. Give everything a good stir and make sure the chicken in covered in the mixture.

Secure the lid on your slow cooker and cook on low for 8 hours.

Near the end of the cooking time, cook the two cups of rice according to the package directions.

After 8 hours of cooking, carefully remove the lid of the slow cooker. Store with a fork to shred the chicken. Build the taco bowls by placing rice on the bottom, then the taco chicken mix, shredded cheese and fresh cilantro. I also added some sour cream.

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10