Sunday, August 2, 2015

Cards Made At A Crop

I was fortunate to be able to attend a four day, three night crop July 23rd through July 26th. I've signed up for crops in the last few years and have had to cancel because of things that made it impossible for me to attend. There were 14 women that attended. I had a great time, met some new people and look forward to the next one I'm going to. That one will hold 40 people and there are already 32 signed up.

I didn't get much done. Ten cards, that's it. I think I laughed more than I crafted. That's okay though. I don't ever plan to get a lot done when I go to these things. 

We stayed at Besehive in Swanville, MN. For a lot of the ladies this was their third time going. The accommodations were wonderful. The crop room was large and the beds were comfortable. I was also impressed by how well stocked the kitchen was. Credit has to be given to the host of the crop, Tasha, for doing such a fantastic job of putting this altogether. This was her third year hosting. She had promised me a birthday cake the last two years and had planned to make one this year. Time was short so she ordered one and it was delicious! I asked for chocolate and she came through. It was a chocolate cake with chocolate filling and chocolate frosting. I don't have a photo, but it had a scissor and buttons on it to represent scrapbooking. It was so cute! 

I've been neglectful with my blog the last three months. I haven't had time to do any of the sketch challenges I love so much or any crafting at all. I've been working on getting the rest of the boxes unpacked (I've lived in my town home for only a year!). I also worked on my garage going through containers and donating items I'm never going to use. I still have a few things around the house that need my attention and I'm slowly chipping away at them. My craft room is always the room that suffers. Slowly I'm getting it in order. I've been going through my craft supplies with a fine tooth comb and have beens listing items in my Etsy store that I'm not going to use or are duplicates. I've also been working on organizing all of my craft supplies in a program called Evernote. I have to give credit to a group I belong to on Facebook called Stamping Enablers for starting this process for me. I've also been inspired by Jennifer McGuire to organize my stamps and dies the way she does.  Going forward I hope to be able to craft a little, do a few challenges and work on my organizing as time permits. Being able to do sketch challenges will allow me to blog more. 

Sorry for such a long post. Let's move on to the cards I created below. For the first card I used a Penny Black Cling Stamp called Gentle Whisper. I used Tim Holtz distress inks and then spritzed lightly with water for the water color look. I also used water color paper. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp called Handwritten Borders.

With Sympathy 

This next card uses a new stamp set I picked up called Color Layering Butterflies from Hero Arts. I didn't pick the die up that matches this stamp set at first. I went back yesterday and bought it. I can't wait to make some more butterflies and try it out! I used Ranger's Dye Inks and the colors are so vibrant.

  Hi 

This card uses a new stamp set I picked up on the way to the crop at Crafts Direct in Waite Park, MN. I love that store! The set is called Enamor by Penny Black. I used a distress ink to stamp the image. The sentiment is from the same set. The patterned background paper is from a paper pad by Ki Memories called Autumn Flowers that I picked up in the bargain section. 32 sheets of paper for two bucks, what a deal!

  Have A Great Day! 

For the next seven cards I created the backgrounds using Brusho Crystal Colours. I am in love with them! I first learned about them from a group I belong to Facebook. I started researching them and knew that they would be something I'd like to work with. I used watercolor paper and all of my card bases for all the cards are either from PaperTrey Ink or Simon Says Stamp. All the sentiments for the cards below are from Tim Holtz Stampers Anonymous. I'll list the name of the stamp set below each card in case you're wondering what it is. 

  Live In The Moment

Urban Chic

Heart 

Urban Chic

  Learn To Pause

French Memories

Courage

French Memories

Reality

Stuff To Say

Dreams 

Flights of Fancy

  Perspective

Good Thoughts

Thanks for stopping by! 

1 comment:

rcwidow (Linda) said...

Love the cards! Glad you had a fun time at the crop.

09 10