Saturday, September 5, 2015

SSS Flickr Challenge #27


In my Flickr mail I noticed that Simon Says Stamp was doing a challenge so I thought I'd join in. This challenge uses complimentary colors using the color wheel. I chose to use orange and blue. 

I used distress inks in salty ocean and spiced marmalade. Using watercolor paper I added the ink smooching it onto the paper with a piece of acrylic. I saw a blog post from Kristina Werner and she also included a YouTube video using this technique so I thought I'd try it. I finished my card off with a few splatters with a paint brush and some sequins. The sentiment is from Simon Says Stamp and is called Lots of Thanks. I stamped the sentiment with distress ink and heat embossed it with clear embossing powder. 

The challenge ends September 17th so I might choose two more colors and create another card!

Simon Says Flicker Challenge #27

Thanks for stopping by!





No comments:

09 10