Monday, January 25, 2016

January Card Swap

It's time to share my cards again that I made for a swap I belong to. We took the month of December off. These are the first cards I've made since November. I didn't even get Christmas cards out this year. I started them and just never finished. I've played around with different mediums and created some backgrounds but that's about all I've managed to do. I really felt like I was struggling when I was making these cards for the swap. I'm hoping that getting back to it each month will get me going. I've even thought I should participate in a few cards challenges thinking that might help to get my creative juice flowing again. 

DSC00095

For this card I used Kuretake watercolors. I watched a video series by Justine Hovey on watercolor and tried this technique. I used a background stamp from Hero Arts called Hexagon Background CG517. I heat embossed with white embossing powder. Sentiment is from PrintWorks F2545.

DSC00094

I used Dyan Reaveley's paints for this card with a stencil by Stampin' Up called Happy Patterns. I love these paints and have nothing but wonderful things to say about them! Sentiment is by Hero Arts C4482. The below also uses her paints. Stencil is from Hero Arts called Petals Pair and sentiment is from PrintWorks E2627.

DSC00093

DSC00092

This card uses a Hero Arts background stamp called Floating Flowers CG124. I again used Kuretake watercolors. I know this looks pink but I actually used red. I think when I rolled my paper towels over it while it was wet it really made it lighten up. Sentiment by PrintWorks D3613.

Now it's time to get started on the cards for February! Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

09 10